Gastrointestinal Pathology Lab in New York, New Jersey and Nationwide
Conditions affecting the digestive system can be difficult to diagnose and treat. To support high-quality care, TOPLAB® offers pathologists, physicians and healthcare organizations a full range of gastrointestinal pathology testing services at our New Jersey facility. With high-speed analysis and trusted techniques, you can get the information needed to provide accurate diagnosis and informed treatment. Area of operation; NY, NJ, and nationwide.
What is Gastrointestinal Pathology?
Gastrointestinal conditions affect millions each year and have many causes, from improper diet to genetics. Our technicians analyze samples from the esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, gallbladder, and other associated organs to identify abnormalities and help determine the root cause of these concerns. Our gastrointestinal pathology testing can help detect:
- Celiac disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Gastric polyps
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Liver disease
- And more
Surgical pathology testing also offers additional information about a tissue sample, giving healthcare professionals greater insight. Results can confirm the success or failure of surgical treatment and even identify variations in genetic material that suggest cancer before other diagnostic methods are available.
Gastrointestinal Pathology Testing Options
Gastrointestinal pathology testing requires a tissue sample from the affected area. Alternatively, some testing is performed via breath, blood, or fecal samples. Once collected, pickup services are available for local clients in NJ. Clients outside our region may send samples by mail.
Our gastrointestinal pathology tests include:
- Esophageal, gastric, and intestinal biopsies: A small amount of tissue is collected via endoscopy and examined at our lab.
- Liver biopsy: A tissue sample is drawn from the liver with a long, thin needle or via a vein in the neck.
- Anal fistulas and hemorrhoids: Tissue may be collected for testing via anoscopy or sigmoidoscopy.
- Colorectal cancer mutations: Genetic testing is completed using a sample of blood, cheek cells, or other tissues, identifying mutations that may lead to a cancer diagnosis.
- Microsatellite instability testing: Technicians examine a tissue sample drawn from a colon tumor to help assess risk for hereditary non-polyposis colon cancer (HNPCC) or Lynch syndrome.
- Gastrointestinal pathogen panel PCR: A fecal sample is analyzed to identify a variety of infections.
- Pylori breath test evaluation: This testing confirms carbon dioxide levels in exhaled breath after consuming a urea tablet.
Once samples have been received at our laboratory, technicians will utilize cutting-edge equipment to perform a detailed analysis. Every sample will undergo three basic levels of examination (if relevant), including:
- A close inspection with the naked eye
- Inspection of processed tissue under a high-power microscope
- Histopathology testing that performs a molecular-level analysis of RNA and DNA
Clients may access all test results via our secure online portal as soon as they are complete. For those who prefer a hard copy, results are delivered by mail.
Why Choose TOPLAB®?
There’s no time for waiting lists and long processing periods when requesting gastrointestinal pathology testing. To help physicians get accurate, high-speed results, TOPLAB® begins work immediately upon receipt of samples. We’re a small lab with extensive experience, a highly skilled team, and the advanced equipment needed for precise testing outcomes.
In addition to the latest technology, our technicians come from a wide range of backgrounds within the medical field. They receive in-depth training on our equipment and methodologies, ensuring you can put total confidence in every test you order. We strive to make the testing process simple, enabling you to focus on the challenging work of providing exceptional care.
Order Gastrointestinal Pathology Tests Today
Don’t let larger, slower labs compromise your ability to diagnose and treat patients. Contact TOPLAB® today for more information about gastrointestinal pathology testing and other clinical lab services for clients here in NJ and throughout the United States. To become a TOPLAB® partner or request additional details about our other testing capabilities, please call (800) 941-7597.
24/7 COVID-19 Concierge Lab Testing Services
- We bring COVID-19 testing to your business.
- Corporate Plan Available
- Our lab services enable to provide group testing for your employees, staff, guests or clients.
- COVID-19 Concierge Testing Services for events, exhibitions, conferences, parties, wedding arrangements and more.
Empowering Healthcare Professionals
Our lab services enable healthcare professionals and businesses to accurately test patients and employees
In an ever-changing industry, TOPLAB® knows the importance of trust. We build long quality relationships with our clients to ensure comfort and trust
With state-of-the-art testing facilities, TOPLAB® provides accurate results to our clients
Reliable lab data is crucial for making important decisions for patients and employees
Results matter, that’s why TOPLAB® delivers results quickly and efficiently